Kim Break, Editor for Areawide Media
PO Box 248 Salem, AR 72576
417-270-xxxx or 870-895-xxxx
Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017
City of Hardy, AR
124 Woodland Hills, Hardy, AR
Mayor Jason Jackson and Recorder/Treasurer Greg Bess,
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
I request that a copy of all documents used in the decision of the termination of former Hardy Police Officer Scott Hart, and/or documentation being compiled, be provided to me. I am also requesting the personnel file for Scott Hart. Please also include questionable findings made by the RT during the investigation.
I am willing to pay fees for this request as long as you please inform me first.
Thank you for your consideration of this request.
Publisher of The Villager Journal, The News, The South Missourian News and Avenues
On October 14, 2017 at 7:43PM Recorder/Treasurer wrote to Kim Break w/ cc Mayor Jackson:
I have compiled all the documents in my keeping for the items you requested. As these exceed most email data sizes, you can access them on the CityofHardy.org website under City News under the category FOIA Responses or via at this link. Note that when you view the document pages many of the them are multi-page view format and will require you to page through the items via the arrows in the top left. To print any of the documents you should merely need to right click on page and select print.
Included you will find:
- R/Ts incident report of 10/2/17 that discusses some of the issues in question in the release of Mr. Hart on 9/29. PLEASE NOTE that in reviewing this document, I noticed I mistakenly referred to the remote access program used as “goto meeting” it should read “goto myPC” both places.
- Copy of check stubs in question with August pay.
- Incident report of 10/9/17, which was a result of investigating 10/2 documented incidents. Note we are still investigating so if additional discover is made, I will update your listing and notify you.
- Personnel Files for Mr. Hart as delivered by Chief Tamara Taylor on 10/9/2017 at 3:58PM. I am not, at this juncture, the keeper of his file so I must rely on her delivery as to completeness.
- Pay Check of 9/29 and 10/13 with letter of final pay settlement. Note 9/29 check was held by Mayor on Friday evening of 9/29 (and later VOIDED by R/T).
As this investigating is ongoing, Mayor Jason Jackson may have additional information but that is not under my management at this time. If you require additional information, need assistance accessing, or clarification on what is provided please feel free to contact me directly. Greg Bess, Recorder/Treasurer
City of Hardy, Arkansas
This electronic message, including any attachments, is confidential and proprietary and is solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, this message was sent to you in error and you are hereby advised that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this message, or any of the information included therein, is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply and permanently delete all copies of this message and its attachments.
FOIA Chasity Hart 10102017
SCANNED GS Hart Personnel Files
SCANNED GS HART Final Pay